Silver is a precious metal
Silver has long been cherished as an antique valuable metal. It has a wide variety of uses for domestic purposes. Fundamentally it was used for cooking purposes. Because it has the capacity to transfer heat very easily. Still, men use it for cooking as well as keeping something in a pot made of silver.Some properties make a good sense of using silver-
- It is a metal of brilliant metallic luster
- It has high thermal conductivity and electrical conductivity
- Silver is itself a lightweight metal. So everyone can bear the accessories made of this metal.
Other Reasons for attracting silver as a worthful metal–
- It has a major use for jewelry and people use it for same cases still.
- It has also the application for electronic machines.
- It is used for photography. The chemical substance silver halide made from silver plays a major role in photography. Although, digital photography does not use silver halide.
The approach of silver at the nanoscale as silver nanoparticles
Apart from the view of its various uses from ancient times to modern times, silver has a great value in nanoscience. Silver has attracted a very good approach in nanotechnology. Because silver nanoparticles have a biomedical application, particularly for treating diseases. Mainly silver nanomaterials have a great application for wound dressing as it kills microorganisms grow around the affected parts. That’s why it has a great antimicrobial activity.
Synthesis methods of silver nanoparticles-
There some ways to synthesize silver nanoparticles. such as chemical synthesis and biosynthesis.
Biosynthesis is certainly named as green synthesis. In recent times, green synthesis has gained greater benefits than chemical synthesis.
Why does chemist prefer green synthesis to synthesize silver nanoparticle?
- It is easy to produce silver nanoparticles by reducing it with different plant extracts.
- It does not produce any harmful chemicals during synthesis.
- It is environmentally friendly.